Sunday, May 3, 2020

Picture Day

Picture day at school was the worst. So many questions. What to wear? How bright will the lights be? Is it going to be right after gym class so I'll be extra sweaty? And then the whole thing about me not being photogenic...

There seems to be only two common refrains when it comes to being photogenic. You hear one of the following:
1) She's so photogenic!
2) I'm not photogenic at all!
Does anyone ever say someone is somewhat photogenic? If they have, I haven't heard it. But in reality, most people fall into this middle range. 

Everyone takes a bad picture once in a while. Most of us don't end up having said picture plastered on a piece of cardboard that is mass distributed, however. These guys can't say the same. And so I present to you, a gallery of unintentionally awkward pictures of baseball players (non-game action edition).

Group 1: The "It's bright and I'm tired" Crew


1987 Donruss Rob Woodward

1990 Score Greg Blosser


Group 2: The "Really? Are you serious right now?" Squad


1987 Topps John Cerutti

1990 Fleer Mark Thurmond


Group 3: The "Want to take it outside?" Cohort


1988 Topps John Smiley (Ironic name alert)

1987 Topps Otis Nixon


Group 4: The Bad Timing Group


1985 Donruss Ralph Citarella

1990 Topps Roberto Kelly


Group 5: The Bewildered Corps


1989 Fleer Tony Armas

1990 Donruss Ken Patterson


I hope this post was more exciting than whatever Britt Burns was experiencing.


1983 Fleer Britt Burns

A package of these photos can be ordered for $50 sight unseen and will include:
1 - 8 x 10
2 - 5 x 7
4 - 4 x 6
12 - Wallet size

You may choose from the blue background, the starry background, or the somewhat bluer blue background.

Retake date is TBD.

3 comments:

  1. Another fun post today! My favorite awkward card photo is, and has been for awhile now, Hank Aaron's 1970 Topps (#500) picture.

    As for me, I must not have been doing things right, because I never really worried about photo day, in fact I think I kind of liked it, because if memory serves, we usually got to miss some class time, so that just meant that I got to spend more time with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah that Hank Aaron card is great. You gotta wonder why some of these photos were chosen!

      And I'm glad someone enjoyed picture day!

      Delete
  2. Yeah... I couldn't stand picture day as a kid. But now that I'm a teacher, I love it. I always mess with the photographers. This year I dressed up as Russell from Up.

    P.S. Excited to add another card blog to my reading list. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete